As Coaches, the next part of Self-parenting we want to teach our clients is the importance of the Four Ps of a Self-parented adult: POWER, PROTECTION, PERMISSION, and PRACTICE. This ignites our client's adult powers, and yes I mean powers.
Series 1, #2 of 6
Self-Parenting- The Four P's of Self-Parenting
NAMASTÈ… my name is Master Coach Hu and as I mentioned in my Intro Video the first Series of Videos will focus on Self-parenting Mastery and Boundary Mastery.
PLEASE NOTE- that each video lesson is a SUMMARY NUTSHELL, otherwise they would have to be many hours long. So, if you want additional information feel free to call the office at 888-HLC-0878.
OK---LOL—on with the show…
In this next video. I will share with you the importance of the Four Ps of a Self-parented adult, which are: POWER, PROTECTION, PERMISSION, and PRACTICE
Let’s start with POWER… You now have adult powers that you did not have as a child. You have your own money, you support yourself and you no longer rely on your parents for food, shelter, and clothing. You are old enough now to recognize and defend your boundaries. As a little child, you did not know that you had any boundaries – and you certainly did not know that you had the right to defend them.
The next is “P” is PROTECTION- which is about using your adult powers to protect yourself, so that you can feel safe in the world. But since I will be recording three Videos about Boundary mastery, we will continue this important topic on those videos.
And one of the most important “P” is PERMISSION. As an adult, you need to give yourself PERMISSION to live by your own moral and ethical standards.
So, let’s discuss a few of the Adult PERMISSION RULES:
- IT IS CRUCIAL TO LEARN WHAT WASN'T YOUR FAULT: This means that you must refuse to accept responsibility for anyone else's behavior, especially the behavior of your parents, and to give your Self permission to fully accept responsibility for only your own adult behaviors.
- IT IS OKAY TO VALUE YOUR OWN FEELINGS AND DESIRES: Many caretaker-type personalities confuse success with approval. You must give your Self permission to nurture yourself by learning how to be sensitive to your own needs, wants and feelings.
- IT IS OKAY TO SEE AND HEAR WHAT YOU SEE AND HEAR: Give your Self permission to remember that what you saw and heard as a child is what you saw and heard, even if your caretakers have told you something contrary to what you know you experienced. You must learn how to trust your feelings and senses again!
- IT IS OK FOR YOU TO DO THE WORK YOU LOVE: Give your Self permission to earn a living doing whatever makes you feel good; and to be more (or less) successful than your parents.
- OTHER PEOPLE'S FEELINGS, NEEDS, AND WANTS, ARE TO BE RESPECTED AND VALUED, BUT NOT OWNED: Remember to maturely detach because their needs are just that, their needs, not yours. Give your Self permission to put your needs first unless you willingly and consciously choose not to.
Once you internalize and emotionalize these self-imposed adult rules, they will become second nature to you. You will create new empowering habits you can live in the world as an emotionally mature, self-mastered adult.
In the next Video I will Facilitate one of the Self-parenting life-altering exercises, which I know you will enjoy.
AGAIN REMEMBER- that each video lesson is a SUMMARY NUTSHELL otherwise they would have to be many hours long. So, if you want additional information call the office at 888-HLC-0878 or click through to the rest of the website.